These festive treats are sure to be a stand out at your holiday get together. Dreidels that the kids can eat, now that is a party favor!
Makes 2 dozen
Prep time: Approximately 40 minutes
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips for melting
1 bag large marshmallows
1 bag large chocolate kisses, such as Hershey’s Kisses
Plastic drinking straws, cut to a 2-inch size, or pretzel sticks
Sugar sprinkles of your choice
1. Melt chocolate chips on stovetop over double boiler or in microwave, taking care not to scorch.
2. Adhere a chocolate kiss atop each marshmallow using the melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper-covered baking pan and cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to harden.
3. Remove from refrigerator before next step.
4. Reheat chocolate and, with a fork to hold the marshmallow end, dip each marshmallow-chocolate piece into the melted chocolate to coat quickly. Place on waxed paper and sprinkle with decorations before placing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
5. When chocolate is set, remove from refrigerator and place a cut piece of drinking straw or a pretzel stick into each marshmallow end.
6. Optional: Use Royal Icing to decorate the chocolate dreidels with letters or designs. (For young kids, remove the straws before eating.)
Recipe courtesy of Yum Food and Fun for Kids
Recipe by Meryl Schoenbaum
Photo by Hillary Black