Cinnamon raisin bread is the star of this simple sandwich. Perfect as a simple and sweet lunch or as a breakfast treat on the weekend. Serve it alongside a hardboiled egg or glass of milk to add staying power through the power of protein.
Cinnamon Raisin Sandwiches
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (or opt for whipped instead)
- ½ cup chopped strawberries, or berry of choice
- 6 slices whole grain cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 TBSP apricot preserves
- In a medium bowl, whip together cream cheese and berries.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on 3 slices of the bread, add preserves and top each with remaining bread.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 quarter triangles.
- Nutrition Facts: 250 calories, 13 grams fat, 8 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 29 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 12 grams sugar, 6 grams protein, 8% vitamin A, 15% vitamin C, 6% calcium, 8% iron
- Styled by Jacqueline deMontravel, Amanda Heer and Kathy Jo Peterson
- Photography by Todd Porter and Diane Cu
Good Food For Kids, Good Food For Life http://www.goodfoodforkids.org/