A morning classic! Perfect for a grab and go breakfast or snack. The kids will love making them and eating them too. Make a batch to eat and one to freeze.
Prep: 15 minutes…
Bake: 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray the bottom of a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Rinse blueberries and remove stems. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the milk, oil, vanilla extract and egg, and then mix well.
4. Add in the remaining dry ingredients, mixing to combine. Be careful not to over-mix. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Using a spoon, divide the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Add a sprinkle of sugar on top of each if desired.
6. Bake for 20-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Let the tin cool before removing the muffins from the pan. Serve either warm or at room temperature.