These easy to prepare and healthy option chicken tenders are sure to be a hit with the kids and adults at your dinner table. When paired with a trio of dips (honey mustard, ketchup or BBQ), who wouldn’t dive in?
Money (and TIME) Saving Tip: The next time those bulk frozen tenders go on sale, grab a bag and prepare a few batches of this recipe. Once battered, wrap them in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before sliding them into a freezer bag for stowing. Those extras will come to your rescue as an easy go-to meal on a busy night!
Lightened Up Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 8 chicken tenders (about 2 ounces each)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, brown the breadcrumbs over medium-high heat until most of them are deep golden brown. Move to a medium sized bowl to cool.
- Add Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and freshly cracked pepper to the breadcrumbs.
- Toss to combine.
- Using a paper towel, pat tenders dry.
- Slice in half length wise and lightly brush with mayonnaise.
- Coat with bread crumb mixture and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Nutrition Information: 195 calories, 4 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 12 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fiber, <1 gram sugar, 27 grams protein, 0% vitamin A, 0% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 6% iron
Good Food For Kids, Good Food For Life http://www.goodfoodforkids.org/