For those hot summer nights or madly busy nights, this meal is a sure-thing. Not only was this meal a hit in our home, it brought my avocado-hating husband into the light. While my 1 year-old and 3 year-old are hit or miss with just about everything and anything I serve, they were still provided with the individual components of this wrap with a side of the Sweet Thai Chili Sauce as a dipping venue – lucky boys!
To help you cater to your own family’s preferences, invite each family member to build their own to not only please their palate, but also to save you time!
Crisp cukes, juicy tomatoes, creamy eggs, all topped off with a sweet sauce. What’s not to like?
Sweet Thai Chili, Egg + Avocado Wrap
For those hot summer nights or madly busy nights, this meal is a sure-thing. Invite each family member to build their own to not only please their palate, but also to save you time!
- 4 whole grain wraps
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 avocado, washed and diced
- 1 large cucumber (about 2 cups), washed, peeled, and cut into strips (or diced for kiddos)
- 4 small vine-ripened plum tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 8 tsp sweet Thai chili sauce (divided)
- Lay out each whole grain wrap on a dinner plate.
- Top each wrap with 1 diced egg, 1/2 diced avocado, 2-3 strips cucumber, 1 sliced tomato, and 1 teaspoon of sweet thai chili sauce.
- You can use a spoon or knife to slightly mix the sauce with the ingredients if you would like.
- Wrap the ingredients up tightly. Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition Facts: 410 calories, 24 grams fat, 4.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 190 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 39 grams carbohydrate, 17 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar, 20 grams protein, 25% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 8% calcium, 20% iron
Good Food For Kids, Good Food For Life http://www.goodfoodforkids.org/
Tip: Before the work/school week hustle begins, boil eggs for a nutritious salad topper, start for egg salad, or a simple grab ‘n go snack!
Thanks for reading!
Jessica Corwin, MPH, RDN
Questions? Continue the conversation on Twitter.