Our content is free because we may earn a commission if you click or make a purchase using our site. Last Updated:
A good friend of mine inspired my toddler and I to whip up a tasty twist on her No-Bake Breakfast Cookies. Truly it didn’t take too much of any persuading on her part. Who wouldn’t want a cookie – let alone at breakfast! – and if you can skip the tedious task of baking them? Where do I sign up?
While I did not have the ingredients on hand to make this version, my munchkin and I were happy that our own take turned out deliciously. My favorite part (besides the bake-free aspect) is that my toddler couldn’t get enough – and little did he know that he was chowing down on brain-boosting healthy fats from the chia seeds and nuts, not too mention each one provides as much protein as an egg. Score for mom.
I hope you and your little ones enjoy these addicting cookies as much as we have!
No-Bake Chia cookies
- 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole grain cereal (we used Multi-Grain Cheerios)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup raisins (boil them and allow them to soak a few minutes to make them extra plump!)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, or using your stand mixer, combine all ingredients until peanut butter and honey are evenly distributed.
- Once combined, invite your kids to help you squish the mixture into balls (roughly 2-3 TBSP each).; This part was our favorite! Good luck not eating the entire batch!
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week (or freeze!).
- 175 calories, 11 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 16 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar, 6 grams protein, 0% vitamin A, 2% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 8% iron